samedi 4 mai 2013
11:28 No comments
10:46 1 comment
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but what if you can not find an apple? Simple drink tea. Mmm.. not so apt one. Anyway what I was trying to tell was that drinking tea is not that bad as it is thought to be.
I can already hear cheers from all the tea lovers. Well, its true and I have some valid reasons to support it as well. But before going in those details I would like to ask you one question.How many types of tea are there apart from Green and Black? I knew these would be the words that will spring out of your head. Any guesses?
Well let me take the responsibility of enlightening you on this. There are four main types of tea- Green Tea, Black Tea, White Tea and Oolong Tea.
Given below are some reasons to enjoy your cup of tea.
• Tea contains antioxidants which protect our bodies from the negative effects of pollution.
• The level of caffeine in a cup of tea is comparatively lesser than in a cup of coffee.
• Tea in itself does not have calories. So until to decide to add sweeteners or milk in your cup of tea it is a top calorie-free drink.• Tea increases the metabolism rate which in turn does not allow excess fat to mount up in the body.
• It reduces cholesterol level in the body and thus trim down the chances of a heart attack.
• Tea contains fluoride which helps to fight cavities and strengthen our bones.
• Tea reduces the risk of hypertension.
• Tea is also very effective in reducing the stress hormones.
• It enhances the immune system of the body. People who drink tea are less likely to catch cold and flu.
• The amino acids present in tea helps to improve the concentration power of a person.
• The antioxidants present in tea help to reduce the risk of cancer.
• Don’t forget you can always use tea bags to get rid of puffy eyes. After all both health and beauty are important.
• Tea is also great for removing strong odors like one coming from fish.So, now when you know about all these benefits I would suggest you to avoid adding milk and sugar in you tea. No matter how tasteless it may be but to reap all the benefits of these magical leaves you need to do it.
10:45 1 comment
Why choosing organic can benefit you
The term organic food refers to naturally produced produce that eliminates the use of growth hormones, antibiotics, bioengineering and pesticides. Organic farmers use methods that use natural soil and support farming methods that encourage water conservation in order to reduce pollution produced by destructive fertilisers and pesticides.
Going organic reduces your carbon footprint as you are encouraging and supporting farms that choose not to use harmful pesticides that are detrimental to health and the environment. Insects and other pests often develop a resilience against the pesticides resulting in farmers using pesticides with even higher toxicity levels. On the other hand, organic farmers assist produce in developing their own resilience towards any pest.
When we buy our fruit and veg from non organic locations it is quite noticeable that they are perfectly shaped and occur in bright colours, they look healthy, but don’t be fooled. Non organic farmers further use pesticides to increase their produce growth rates as well as to grow them looking at their best despite the season and the negative health affects. Naturally grown food will appear smaller, less shapely and not always as brightly coloured, but rest assure, I can grantee they taste a hole lot better. Looking at personal experience, ever since I tasted my first organically grown apple, the rest just aren’t satisfying enough. Most importantly organically grown also mean more nutritious.
When choosing organic you know your food will be fresh. as naturally grown fruit and veg will not last as long as their genetically modified counterparts. Eating fresh food (the sooner they are consumed after picking the better) further guarantees that you will getting the most out of what you eat. Often, exposure to oxygen, heat, light and cooking reduces the amount of nutrients available in the food. Also when purchasing, make sure the organic labels are legitimate by checking the labels to ensure they are certified organic. Countless research has proven that in general, organic food has higher amounts of vitamins, minerals and even antioxidants (which help your body fight against cancer and the signs of of aging).
Choosing to buy organic meat and seafood is also a slightly less acquirable option. It involves livestock being fed organic feed, as well as the fact they are not kept in unbelievably small enclosures and they are not forced to observe other livestock being slaughtered. Having a grantee that the animal you eat has lived a happy healthy organic and stress free life with minimal disease exposure, also grantees you will be receiving the maximum nutrient benefits you can get from that source.
To further receive the benefits of going organic, choosing organically certified skin care products are also highly beneficial. Often, non-organic products just as in non-organic foods have harmful toxins that are absorbed by our skin and detrimental to our health. Our skin already absorbs a high amount of pollutants that are present in our current pollution filled atmosphere and we should be trying to prevent this, not encourage it.
Looking at this on whole, the only reason we as humans ingest food is because we need energy and nutrients to carry out out all metabolic activity in our bodies which are imperative to life. Without this we would not be alive. So is it not reasonable to say that we should be consuming the best possible foods available to us? Of course not, it may be more expensive, but it’s worth it in the long run as living life to the fullest is only achievable when we are as happy and healthy as possible. If cost is an issue and you honestly want to go organic, another option may be to purchase a few organic foods such as the produce that is usually the most contaminated. A list of the most contaminated foods include; celery, spinach, strawberries, apples, peaches, lettuce, capsicum, cherries, potatoes, grapes and nectarines. A list of non-organic food that are the least harmful include; avocados, corn, broccoli, asparagus, frozen sweet peas, onions and frozen corn. Another option may be to remove the skin or outer part of the fruit or veg , however this does not always have much of an effect as pesticides often leach into and past the the skin. Furthermore when removing the skin you are also removing the area with the most concentrated amount of nutrients. As many fruit and vegetables are seasonal it is also a good idea to consume them at their peak season to gain the maximum benefits they can provide. Purchasing non organic food in their peak season, means they most likely have less toxins than they would in their off season, as they are growing in their peak environment.
Around the world people are becoming more aware of the benefits of choosing organic and India is fast becoming a great source. So choose organic and rid your body of harmful chemicals that build up in your system and result in negative health issues rather than positive ones.
If your interested in finding more information about organic food and where to purchase it in India try the following links:
10:42 No comments
Summers are here and I don’t know about you but I love having yogurt in summers, especially with a little bit of sugar. And now with the frozen yogurt coming up in the market, they are giving us a healthy alternative for desserts. I always make it a point to grab a cup of frozen yogurt whenever I am out. Yogurt gives a cooling effect to the body, so why not skin ? I have been using plain yogurt on my skin almost every day for a month now and I have seen pretty nice changes in my skin .So I thought it was time to share my experiences with you people
Yogurt contains zinc, calcium, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, protein and yeast
• Zinc is said to have anti-inflammatory benefits which can help reduce acne. It is like a mild astringent
• Calcium has antioxidant properties, it helps in cell renewal. It can help make your skin ‘glow’. Whereas deficiency in calcium can lead to premature aging, dryness and even itching
• Vitamin B’s are capable of preventing acne and enhancing the blood circulation
• Protein is an important ingredient for our entire body .if your body is rich in proteins ,your skin will automatically look soft, supple and radiant
How to use the yogurt for skin
Just take the plain fresh home-made yogurt and apply it on the skin and leave it for 10minutes ,after that wash it off with cold water and apply a good moisturizer .I advise doing it at night before sleeping because I found it more effective. You can use yogurt with honey if you have dry skin, my mom has used it and it has helped her with her fine lines
Lack of water in my everyday routine had made my skin dehydrated and it had lost its glow, I looked tired all the time, so when I came home this yogurt mask was the first thing my mom suggested. It also helped me with my tanning .As the summers approach every year, I get so scared of stepping outside because I am scared of tanning, no matter how good sunscreen I use, I will definitely get some tanning on my skin. The yogurt mask was able to remove all the tanning out of my face and even faded some of the blemishes. I went for a family gathering a few days ago, and all my relatives were coming up to me and asking me what did I do with my skin, one of my cousins was so sure that I got a treatment done from saloon. And that’s when I knew yogurt had done its work for me:D• It will make the skin hydrated
• Fades away the blemishes to a great extent
• Lightens the skin tone
• Helps with acne
• My skin has started looking very healthy and fresh
• Its natural, out of your own kitchen ,so there are no side effects
• None, except don’t use it if you have allergy from dairy products
I’m going to recommend it to everyone with all kinds of skin, do try it once and tell me if it worked for you or not.
10:39 No comments
I have been regularly posting home remedies for all you beautiful ladies, and if you all have noticed, aloe vera is somewhere or the other present in each and every home remedy post of mine.
Aloe Vera is a multipurpose plant, anyways. So I decided to do a separate post which would pin-point the beauty benefits of aloe vera for all you beautiful ladies.
The aloe vera plant is like a magical plant for women, trust me on this. It works wonders for us from the toe to the head.
As we all know there are many many products available in the markets which have aloe vera content in them, not just creams and lotions but many of the cosmetics contain aloe vera too, since it is natural, safe and non allergic (to any skin type).
Eyes: Aloe vera reduces the puffiness of the eyes. So if you wake up to puffy eyes, run to the garden and get some aloe vera on your eyes, or simply have handy aloe vera gel and massage your eyes with it. Aloe vera is one of the most important contents in most of the eye products, including the many of the eyeshadows.
Here’s a most effective way for using Aloe vera for your eyes- irritations and itch at the eyes (not in your eyes):
Take aloe vera gel and mix it with boric acid, mix them together. Filter the gel with a tea stainer or coffee filter and apply on eyes.For irritation with in the eye, just put a freshly cut aloe vera pod on your eye, this will reduce the irritation and redness of the eye.
You can apply aloe vera gel on red blotches which are bound to happen when you get your eyebrows plucked, same is the case with the facial hair.
Lips: Aloe vera is rich in vitamin E (and you know how much we love our vitamin E rich lipsticks and lip glosses), hence it works wonders for the lips. Aloe vera is used for treating chapped lips or even dry lips and why wouldn’t it treat dry and chapped lips after all aloe vera is water plant. Mix aloe vera with olive oil for a great great lip balm substitute.
Skin: If have been mentioning this over and over again, in all my skin related home remedies, that aloe vera is Holy Grail for the skin, trust me. It’s the best moisturizer, undoubtedly. Be it the winter itch or the scorching summers, aloe vera is always the best skin remedy. Aloe vera has non-inflammatory properties hence it is used by most of the cold creams and moisturizers.
Here’s how you use it on your skin:If you have skin burns, acne, cuts, scars and blisters simply cut a fresh aloe vera pod from your garden and squeeze out the gel from the pod, you can also use a spoon for doing this, and apply the gel directly on the affected area. You can combine this gel with wheat grem oil or any essential oil for that purpose.
Aloe vera basically has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties so it helps in curing burns and insect bites very decently. Not just this, it helps in reducing skin marks, blemishes and also aging skin and skin spots.
Dilute aloe vera gel with water and apply the mixture on your vicious pimples and acne before going to bed. The acne are bound to disappear within few days (this one is tried and tested by me). The juice of aloe vera also cures spots and skin freckles.
Aloe vera works as a skin brightener too, it helps in getting rid of pigmentation. It’s a great facial cleanser and the best skin nourisher since its rich I 18 amino acids, vitamins of different kinds and minerals too.
Make your own aloe vera scrubs by mixing sugar, aloe vera gel and lemon juice or sea salt (khada namak), aloe vera gel, baby oil and honey.
It’s a lso a great astringent and helps in tightening the pores. Aloe vera gel is also used for curing stretch marks.
Hair: Aloe vera wonderfully works for your hair too. It scrubs of your dandruff, and afflictions like psoriasis and seborrhea. It also helps in reducing hairfall. For the men, you can substitute aloe vera gel, for your styling gel too.
Massage the aloe vera pod into your scalp, you can also remove the gel with a spoon and then massage it in, this gives the scalp nutrients and thus augments healthy hair and hair growth.
Teeth and the mouth: Aloe vera also has the powers to cure your periodontal afflictions. Bleeding teeth or gums, inflammation, tooth ache and decay can be combated with aloe vera.
Pains and strains: Since aloe vera readily soaks into the skin, you can use aloe vera for treating skin strains and sprains too. Use a cold compress with some aloe vera gel on the affected area for 2-3 times a day.
Internal healing benefits: Aloe vera gel also helps you in getting rid of stomach disorders, headaches and kidney afflictions. The yellow juice like gel which is found just below the leave’s skin is a great laxative. It also helps in combating, allergies and sinus.
In a nutshell all I wanna say is that the aloe vera is a bliss bliss plant, so get it rooted in your gardens ASAP, or get aloe gel from your nearest ayurvedic stores.
10:37 No comments
Water being available almost everywhere around us gets neglected by most of us, but there are certain things which only water can provide.
- Drinking 8 glasses of water everyday can reduce the risk of colon cancer by 45%, bladder cancer by 50% and even the risk of breast cancer!!!!
- Drinking heaps of water prevents the formation of stones in kidney.
- Drinking water frequently helps clean the bladder and thus maintain the system without any major trouble.
- Drinking heaps of water helps in maintaining the elasticity of the skin thus helps one to look young and fresh always.
- Water can cure all kidney related problem if diagnosed in the early stages.
- Regular water consumption prevents urinary infection.
- Regular water intake has known to reduce all major skin problems including acne and even blemishes caused due to acne.
- Drinking heaps of water is known to hydrate the system well thus giving glow and shine to the skin.
- Shampoos and conditioners are not the only reason for a good healthy hair but also the water we use !! The more polluted the water, the lesser is the effect. Still many of my friends in Kerala use plain water to clean their hair and I have seen them having no hair problems at all !!!! In fact their hair is much longer and thicker and trouble free. All they use for their hair are Coconut Oil and water. Initially I never believed them but later I had to accept the truth.
A small test to see the effects of water – Drink 2-3 litres of water (minimum) everyday for 3 months and you can see visible results both health wise and also you can see your skin glowing without any problems !!!
- Water intake in any form helps in good health [like coffee, tea and other drinks] but taking drinking water directly in heaps as such has proven to help us better.
Interesting Note – Water is the only product that can be consumed without any restrictions. Have you ever heard anyone say don’t drink excess water? The word ‘excess’ does not hold good when it comes to water, the more you take the more you are benefited.
10:34 No comments
Since ages we women all over the world have been obsessed with looking beautiful and fetching, even going great lengths to achieve it. But there is one practice that unites us and that is taking care of our skin. Healthy skin glows and glowing skin reflects youth and vitality. For this purpose I started my quest to find something that my dry skin would lap up easily and make my skin soft and supple. And here, I found my skin’s best friend— OLIVE OIL.
Let me take you through the journey of discovering Olive Oil and finally list out the various ways that Olive oil could work for you.
Olive oils are of three types- Pure, virgin and extra virgin. Pure Olive oils are generally used for external purposes like moisturizing the skin, oiling your hair etc. Extra virgin and virgin oils are used in cooking and other consumption uses.
Medicinal uses of Olive Oil:
1. When taken internally, Olive oil stimulates metabolism and helps indigestion.
2. 1 teaspoon of Olive oil with lemon juice on an empty stomach relieves constipation.
3. Olive oil is known to reduce cholesterol levels.
4. Warm Olive oil alleviates ear aches as well.
Now coming to the cosmetic uses of Olive oil, they can be used for the following purposes:
1. Olive oil can be used as a MOISTURIZER for dry skin. You could apply it all over you at night and wake up in the morning all soft and smooth skinned.
2. Daily use of Olive oil is also known to reduce stretch marks.
3. During winters, you could add Olive oil to your face packs in order to prevent your skin from feeling dried up. Your skin will remain hydrated and nourished throughout.
4. Olive oil also helps relieve chapped lips.
5. Olive oil could be used as a make-up remover and leave a fine layer of oil on your skin to nourish it all night long.
6. Soaking your nails in a cup of Olive oil softens your cuticles and makes your mails less brittle.
7. Oiling your hair with Olive oil can cure split ends and dandruff as well.
8. Olive oil repairs sun damaged skin and protects against skin cancer.
Some face and hair packs using Olive oil are as follows:
1. FACE PACK: Olive oil + honey + egg yolk + rinse with warm water = radiant skin
2. BATH: Olive oil + essential oils + warm water = nourished, relaxed body
3. HAIR PACK: egg yolk + olive oil = dandruff free hair, warm olive oil = conditioned hair
As obvious now, benefits from Olive oil are endless. It promotes smooth, radiant skin, helps maintaining skin’s elasticity, heals dry, brittle nails and conditions hair. Olive oil does deserve to be your skin’s best friend?
Archives du blog
- Orange Peel Off Face Mask Review-Everyuth Natural ...
- Health Benefits of Tea
- Organic foods and Their Benefits
- Skin Benefits of Yogurt
- Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
- Water : Health & Beauty Benefits
- Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
- Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
- Health and Beauty Benefits of Orange
- A global Nielsen consumer report on personal groom...
- Ever-Evolving Health and Beauty
- Live a Beautiful, Healthier Lifestyle
- Healthy Lifestyle Tips for Growing Kids
- Can A Good Diet Help Combat Acne?
- Switch up your Beauty Routine in 1,2,3!
- Spring Beauty Trends 2013
- A Look At The Analgesic, Anti-Inflammatory Propert...
- Eat Raw and Boost Your Immunity
- Re-Body Greens Review
- Chocolate Coconut Bark Recipe
- Your World: Healthy and Natural
- ▼ mai (22)